The New Iraq: The Iranian-American Concubine.

I happen to like my own company, so I muse with myself. I play around with words in my head...I like to get to their roots, their essential meaning...words are windows, doors and gates...

I thought of the word concubine nearly all day. I am not sure why this word popped out of nowhere.

When Islam made its first breakthroughs in ancient Arabian society, it recognized two statuses for women - that of concubine and that of a free woman, hoping eventually to ease the concubine status to that of a free woman.  A free woman was defined as a woman who was not a captive - captive in the largest sense of the word. 

I thought of that word concubine - in Arabic - Jarriah. And since my neighbors are a pain in the butt, it took me to the word Jarr - meaning neighbor in Arabic and obviously since Iraq is almost always at the back of my mind, it took me to Iraq...

And since am on Twitter, because am a lazy blogger, and prefer 140 characters to long posts, ( I also came to realize the utter uselessness of blog posts) so  while I was musing with myself  I was also checking out news headlines...

And I just love how things come in full circle all by their own accord.

Nouri Al-Maliki the prime minister of Iraq is on a visit to Iran to consolidate bilateral ties of "cooperation" He's been received by the usual Iranian crowd and had a special session with the Supreme leader, the not so great Ayatollah.

Western reporters noted that the Iraqi flag was "strangely" missing and only the Iranian flag was raised.
Furthermore the Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs stated that "these two Shiite nations" (Iran and Iraq) made one, united in interests and vision.

At the same time, the USA and Iraq signed an energy, electricity (what's that ?) and an infrastructure development  (what's that ?) accord.  (won't link for you lazy readers, scroll down my tweets - make an effort, I have been making it for years)

What does that say ?

It says and reiterates the fact that you refuse to see.

The "new" Iraq is the Jarriah - concubine - of the Jarr - the neighbor - with the blessings of Uncle Sam

And I shall not rest my case...

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

Endless Beginnings...

Why ?